Commitment to Child Safety
This church has adopted the Local Church of the South Queensland Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church Child-Safe Policy.
We are opposed to child abuse, neglect, sexual abuse and misconduct in all its forms and committed to responding in a manner that reflects nationally established standards and protocols and in accord with applicable legislation.
We are committed to being proactive in establishing and maintaining a safe environment for children who participate in all aspects of church life by:
- Screening volunteers who work with children.
- Applying an approval process to all child-related Church-sponsored activities.
- Promoting the Child-Safe Code of Conduct.
- Educating and training church members and those who work with children.
- Implementing Safety Agreements with relevant people as a means of managing risks related to the safety of children.
- Identifying hazards of all kinds around the church and applying controls to minimise the risks associated with those hazards.
By adopting this policy, this church will cooperate with and enjoy the support of the Conference Safe Place Committee and South Pacific Division Safe Place Services.